Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mother's Day

It's May and that means it's Mother's Day time. I am not overly excited about Mother's Day. Not because I don't have two of the best boys ever but because my mom doesn't speak to me not acknowledge that I'm alive. All because of my dad. I walked into Hallmark the other day and the clerk said to me, We have all of our Mother's Day cards out". I almost said to her, too bad I don't have a mom. I loved my Mother In Law but she's gone sadly. It's never hit me before like it did this time. I guess maybe because I ran into my parents last year on a cruise. I had no idea they were on it and they had no idea I was either. Even after finding out we were on board they ignored me and my husband the rest of the cruise. Can you imagine doing that to your children?? Me either. Here's the story. My husband decided to go to the pool. I didn't want to so I said I'd be sitting in the cafe sewing. I had sewed enough and decided to go up to my room. The elevator opens up on one of the floors and I thought I'd seen a ghost. You guessed it, in walks my parents. Of all places on a Panama Canal cruise. They did not recognize me or if they did they ignored me. I almost passed out. I ran to tell hubby that they were onboard. He was shocked. Later in the cruise we would see them but they didn't see us. One night after their dinner time we were on our way to ours and we ran right into each other. They were surprised. I wasn't. We spoke a little, they mainly about themselves. Never once asked about how we were or how their two grandkids were. Didnt care I'm sure. We parted ways and saw them later on in the cruise but they turned their heads and pretended I wasn't there. Again, can you imagine. I guess that's something that will never change. They don't want me in their lives ever again and I can't understand. Same old story, different year. You would think I'd get used to this. But you never do. I have two sisters that have nothing to do with me, again because of me letting the cat out of the bag years ago. Very sad. Just wanted to get that off my chest. I do hope everyone enjoys their mothers and the time you get to spend with them. I envy you.

2 comments:

  1. You know there are lots of woman that had very similar childhoods, it is so sad and they to have lost family because no one wants to believe them, because if they admit it is all true then this family memory would be destroyed. I sure hope that creep of a dad is no where near any of the grandkids, someone like that never changes. Your Mother is just has responsible she is in full blame, shame on her what a sick human being to let her child be abused like that. You are strong to stay far away from them all. If your Mom sent you a Birthday card that would mean she would have to admit her guilt... and it sounds like she is in complete denial. Hope you surround yourself with loving people now. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your quilt blog for years, but just found your posts last night, and my heart breaks for you...always remember YOU are a very SPECIAL LADY!!! If I knew your birthday I would send you a card for every year that I exist. Your pain comes through your words that my heart aches for you. But, you have a beautiful husband, boys (family) and lots and lots of SISTERS in the quilting blog world! Please take care and I will pray God will heal all your hurts, Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete